The Manhattan Beach Mayor’s Youth Council is recruiting high school students for next year’s program, which begins in next September and runs through April 2019.
Be part of the 2018-2019 class!
Applications are being accepted until
100 are received.
Scroll down for application form.
Mayor’s Youth Council is an exciting program that brings together high school students and professional leaders to explore leadership, careers, and civic engagement. Selected students will meet monthly and have the opportunity to meet and dialogue with leaders in numerous industries, government, arts and more. The students will also participate in a City-sponsored event. This program is now entering its 8th year and has grown to 46 students.
Interviews will take place on April 21st and April 25th and the new class will be notified by email before school is out.
Here is the enrollment criteria:
- Student must be a resident of Manhattan Beach or attend Mira Costa High School
- The program is open to students who will enter the 2018 school year next Fall as a Sophomore, Junior or Senior
- Students are only allowed to miss one meeting to remain in good standing,
- There is a $150 registration fee which helps cover dinner and supplies for each workshop.
- We expect students to commit to the following dates if accepted:
The dates of next year’s 2018-2019 workshops will be:
|September 5, 2018|
|October 3, 2018|
|November 7, 2018|
|January 16, 2019|
|February 6, 2019|
|March 6, 2019|
|October 3, 2019|
|April 17, 2019|
Please note the changes from previously announced dates.
Thank you for your interest in Mayor’s Youth Council!
Please “Like” our Facebook page and check back regularly for news.